I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, August 8, 2012

8.8.12

1 Corinthians 4:20 For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God’s power.

My Thoughts
I love when I go to right about a verse so that I understand it more.  Sometimes I start out thinking it means one thing...and as I search through the different translations to see which one makes the verse more clear, I often find it means another.  Every time this happens I feel like the Holy Spirit is directing me so that I truly understand God's word.

I started out thinking this verse meant that we couldn't just say we love God, our actions needed to show we loved God.  But, what it really means is that God's word is not a lot of fancy words for people to use to look knowledgeable and holy. God's word are power, God's power.  The Bible is not just words we read... the Bible is full of our weapons of warfare against evil.  The more we seek after God the more of God's power we have to fight that evil.  The Bible is like a treasure chest of weapons against evil, against the devil himself.  We can open it up and use it or we can try to fight all on our own where our chances are slim.  We have the power of God here for our use against all darkness, we just have to open that treasure chest, know those weapons and use them and we can win against the evil that lives on this earth.

No comments: