I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, August 22, 2012

8.22.12

Psalm 37:30 The godly offer good counsel; they teach right from wrong.
 
My Thoughts
It is so important as a child of God to offer good counsel. To choose the right over the wrong. So often people go to people for advice when they want the ok to do what they know is wrong.  Our voices need to be their voice of reason.  And when we don't know the answer we need to be honest and say, "I am sorry I just don't know... I can find out for you if you want me to."  We need to always be honest no matter what people want to hear, when they come to us for advice.  We can even say... are you sure you want my advice because you may not like it.  If people are use to a person giving wise advice they usually want wise advice when they ask.  If a person is use to somebody ok-ing anything they do and they want to do something they know they shouldn't do, that is the person they will seek out.  As children of God we need to be the voice or reason, the voice that loving, kindly speaks the truth of God.   When we have to make a choice between pleasing God or a person we need to always please God.... if we do everything else will fall in its proper place.  This applies to giving advice just as it applies in all other areas of our lives.  We don't need to err on the side of caution we need to seek the side of God especially in our words to others.  Matthew 9:42 warns us about causing others to stumble. 
 
When somebody ask our advice, we need to seek God before we answer. If we don't know what God would want us to say, we need to ask for time to think about it and pray.  It is better to give no advice at all than to give the wrong advice. 

No comments: