I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, August 29, 2012

8.23.12

Philippians 4:8  And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
 
My Thoughts
2 Corinthians 10:5 tells us to take our thoughts captive.  The only way to get rid of the bad thoughts is to replace our thoughts with good thoughts.  It is when I mind seems rather empty for a moment that the devil himself moves in and starts filling our head.  Philippians 4:8 is our weapon against the devil filling our minds with his thoughts, and convincing us that they are our own.  We can tell ourselves "I refuse to entertain that thought, instead I am going to think about true and honorable things, right and pure things, lovely and admirable things...I am going to fix my mind on God at this moment and thank Him and praise Him.
 
How you ever noticed that when you are busy being thankful...when you are busy praising God it is hard to think of anything else!!!   One way to think on the things that are good is to count  your blessings.  When I have been so troubled that I could not concentrate without my mind wandering to a problem,  I have actually gotten out a pen and paper and made myself write down 100 things that I am thankful for... it helps.  We can refuse to think negative things about ourselves and about others...we can instead choose to thing on things that are good. 
 
When we learn to think on things that are good, we begin to notice the good around us. When we notice the good, our mood changes, whole days can be transformed by our thoughts when we make an effort... it has to be more than an effort...it has to be more a determination.  Whole days can be changed when we become determined to think on things that are true, honorable, right and pure. When we think on things that are lovely and admirable, excellent and worthy of praise!! 
 
It is so important to take our thoughts captive... what stays in our  minds eventually drops in our hearts... so when we refuse to think on bad things and instead think on the good... the good drops into our hearts... what is in our hearts become our actions. The only way to act and react good is for our thoughts to be good thoughts. What will your thoughts be on today??

No comments: