I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, August 27, 2012

8.27.12

2 Corinthians 1:21-22 It is God who enables us, along with you, to stand firm for Christ.  He has commissioned us, and he has identified us as his own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the first installment that guarantees everything that he has promised to us.
 
My Thoughts
I loved reading this... "He has identified us as his own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the first installment that guarantees everything that He has promised to us."  I love it because sometimes, even though I know better, I wonder if I have been good enough for God to love me.  I will tell myself that God loved me while I was still an unforgiven sinner... that God loves me in spite of myself.  But sometimes I end up believing what the devil whispers in my head, "You have not been good enough to earn God's love."  Yet I feel the Holy Spirit guiding me all the time!!  He leads me...he reminds me of what God says about how much He loves me.  He tells me when I am making miss steps. The Holy Spirit reminds me that I am a child of God. Some times the Holy Spirit shakes his head inside me and just says "Jeannie, Jeannie, Jeannie!" And I know that my thinking is all wrong.  I know that the Holy Spirit lives inside me.  This verse tells me that if I know that, then I can also count on all of God's other promises to me... the promises that He is will me and will take care of me... The promise that He cares about the desires my heart.   The promise that I will live one day in heaven with Him!!  It tells me that every time I feel the Holy Spirit speaking to my heart I can know that there is more wonderful things to come. It says that despite any way that I have messed up that God still loves me!!! 
 
Next time you feel the Holy Spirit talking to your heart... remember that is the first installment to all of God's promises to you!  When  you feel the Holy Spirit taking to you... remember He is talking to you because God loves you, YOU so very much!!!  How wonderful is that!!!
 
 

No comments: