I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, August 18, 2012

8.18.12

Luke 21:34 “Watch out! Don’t let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life. Don’t let that day catch you unaware,  like a trap. For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth.

My Thoughts
Wow! I never thought of worrying like I think of drunkenness!! I was raised by a worrier who was raised by a worrier. I remember even getting in trouble for not being worried enough.  I can feel guilty for not being worried. 

I was around a few drunks growing up. I really guarded my adult life from drinking and all that comes with it... and I tried to guard my children from it.  People can be so lost in being drunk that they would not recognize that the rapture even happened.

If I am really honest with myself I have been so lost in worry that I too would not recognize the rapture if happened during my distress.  I can read that worry is a sin. But, I can still feel guilty if I don't worry. Like worry will even help the situation..in fact I have made a situation worse by worry.  I have cause myself health problems with worry, just like someone who drinks too much has health problems. If I really think about it... worry effects me and the people around me, just like drinking effects more than the person that drinks.  Worry stops me in my tracks, makes me unable to move forward. Worry has actually made me unable to move at all.  Worry helps nothing.  There are even a couple of things in my life right now that I am trying to worry enough about to make it all better.  I can logically know that prayer will make it better and that worry can even make it worse.  Seems like old habits die hard sometimes.  They will never die at all if I don't stop and recognize what is going on when I do worry...and then remember what prayer has done for so many of my problems in the past.  Prayer works, worry doesn't!! 

There are numerous scriptures in the Bible about worry...and how we shouldn't. Scripture that tells me to cast my cares upon God.  But for some reason this scripture put it in perspective for me.  Now to get it to drop down from my brain into my spirit!!  Believe it or not I am so much better than I use to be!  A drunk can be better and than take on sip of alcohol and spiral out of control.  I have seen my worry spiral out of control...now I can tell myself, "Jeannie if you start this it is going to grow bigger than you are! Give it to God right now...and keep giving it to God when it crosses your mind. Tell the devil that he is not going to guilt you into worry!!"  I will take control of worry..and use the first peep of it to put me in prayer mode!! If the whisper of guilt from the devil puts me in prayer mode eventually the devil will leave me alone. He will realize that, that tiny whisper will send me running straight to God himself!!  I will do better!!

No comments: