I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, August 2, 2012

8.2.12

2 Chronicles 32:7-8 The Hezekiah encouraged them by saying, "Be strong and courageous! Don't be afraid or discouraged because of the king of Assyria or his mighty army, for there is a power far greater on our side! He may have a great army, but they are merely men.  We have the Lord our God to help us to fight our battles for us!" Hezekiah's words greatly encouraged the people.

My Thoughts
I love this!! The  more I read the Bible and know God the more I love scripture.  The Assyria army was huge..was strong... had trampled so many kingdoms... it was something to be feared!  But Hezekiah knew that God was greater than even the biggest, strongest army of that time!!  Hezekiah trusted in God.  God sent an angel to destroy the army of Assyria and the kind of Assyria went home and was killed by his own sons.  The king of Assyria had made fun of Hezekiah for believing in God and he had mocked God. God took care of Hezekiah because Hezekiah loved and honored God.  God protected Hezekiah from something bigger than him or his city! 

When we love God and honor God, He will also protect us!! There is nothing bigger than God, nothing!!  Our part is to love and honor God and put our problems in God's hands.

Not only was the Assyrian arm defeated, King Hezekiah became highly respected among all the surrounding nations and many gifts were brought for the Lord and valuable presents were brought to King Hezekiah too (v. 32)  God not only saved Hezekiah and his people, God made sure that Hezekiah was honored for trusting in God.

God will bring us honor... He will make sure that people admire us when we love Him and choose to do the things that honor God!! When we love and honor God we not only receive love back from God, we also receive wonderful gifts that God wants to shower on us because He love us so very much.  In my mind I see it like a grandparent that loves a grandchild...the grandparent is in a place in his or her life where they are able to shower those grand-babies, that they love so much, with wonderful gifts. They love those babies so much that they just can't help themselves...they have to buy presents and give hugs and love.  They just can't stop themselves that love just pours over. That is how God is when we love and honor God he just can't help himself. He loves us so much that His blessings just pour over into our lives in great abundance!! 

God is like a wonderful mixture of  parents and grandparents all rolled up into one.  He protects us, and He disciplines us when we need it...then He can't help Himself, He pours out His blessings on our lives in amazing ways!!

No comments: