I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, August 21, 2012

8.21.12

Psalm 37:18 Day by day the Lord takes care of the innocent, and they will receive an inheritance that will last forever.

My Thoughts
These words made me think!!  Day by day... Jesus tells us not to worry about tomorrow that tomorrow has enough worries of its own (Matthew 6:34). In verse 19 it tells us that even in famine the innocent will have more than enough.  God does this day by day...God takes care of today.  This make me see my prayers different.... I am always praying for the future, I need to pray for just today. For what I face, for what Robby faces, for what my kids face and for what my friends face today.  When I think of being good forever, that seems impossible...but if I think of being good today, of being innocent for today, well that seems doable. I have lived 51+years...that means that God has taken care of 18,615+ days  in my life.  I am still going! Even on the days I wasn't very innocent at all God got me through them... how much better will God get me through my days if I work on pleasing Him.  I can please God today!!  God will watch over me today.  I can pray for today...I can see into this day...it is hard to pray for the future sometimes it seems so overwhelming.

I have had something that has been on my mind lately. Something that I have been worried about...something that I keep giving to God then taking right back.  I want to pray about it one way, but know God would want me to pray about it a different way so it has gotten in the way of all my prayers.  If I pray about this thing in my life for just today there is only one way to pray. 

God is so good to put scripture in my life that helps me work things out.  This one is so important I believe to how I approach life that I need to put it where I will see it...so that I will live for today, and I will pray for today...I will not look past where I lay down to sleep tonight...I will leave that in God's hands...and ask God to help me with only my plans for today. 

Thank you God for taking me back and back and back to this verse, this morning. Thank you God for making it clear to me that today is all that I have in front of me.  Thank you God for teaching me to pray for just today.  In Jesus name.

No comments: