I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, May 7, 2012

5.7.12

Proverbs 14:29 People with understanding control their anger; a hot temper shows great foolishness.

My Thoughts
On of the virtues listed as Fruit of the Spirit is self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).  That means that as a child of God we have the ability to have self-control.  God through his grace gives us self-control no matter how angry we may feel.  God gives us the ability to choose our words wisely. To choose words that are not loud or hurtful. To choose actions that are not hurtful... God gives us, through his grace, the ability not to lash out. What we have to do is take a step back... talk to God about our anger and frustration... wait for His peace to settle on us...and ask him to give us the words so that the other person understand where we are coming from.  We need to to ask God to help us see the other person's point of view.  We also need to ask God for an open heart and an open mind. We need to ask God to help us choose the thing that would make Him pleased...not us, and not the other person. 

We always have a choice when it comes to anger because God gives us the Fruit of the Spirit!. When we take care of ourselves by growing our mind in God we are better able to access that fruit.  Prayer, time with God, reading God's word... they are to us like the right  fertilizer is to a fruit tree. It changes how much our fruit grows!!  If we find ourselves unable to control our temper we have probably not fertilized out hearts and minds enough with God and His word. It is a sign that we need to get busy making changes.

No comments: