I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, May 25, 2012

5.15.12

John 14:27 I am leaving you with a gift-- peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give you is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid.

My Thoughts
OH I love this!!  What better gift to have than peace of mind!!  Peace of heart!!  So often we feel anxious or troubled... we don't need to try and find peace by shopping... or by turning on the TV... or by picking up the phone (those kinds of friends are awesome!) we need to go straight to Jesus!  If we take our troubles to Jesus...then we begin to fill that calm... if we stop and listen...which can be so hard to do... listen to our heart...deep down where the Holy Spirit lives we will get the answers we need.  When we don't know what to say... all we have to do is praise God and thank God over and over and over and we will feel His Spirit come over us and give us that wonderful gift of peace.

Isiah 40:20 He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and abound].... we also find in Isiah 55:10-11 that God's word does not return void! That is why it is important to learn what is written in God's word...so we can call those verse's out to God, to Jesus... and they will come back to us strong and working... We can say Jesus you said I would have peace of mind and heart I am asking for that peace today.

Sometimes the devil finds our weak spot and he keeps after us... but Luke 10:19 says "I have been given authority and power over all the power the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm me." So when the devil keeps after us with thoughts that make us anxious we can tell him that we have been given  power over him ...to just go away!!

Sometimes it takes a while no to take those anxieties back when we give them to Jesus...but that is ok...we just keep giving them back...and each time we get a little better. 

We just need to remember that shopping, and griping and complaining, sports, TV etc. will not give us peace... Jesus will give us peace.  When we turn to the world in our times of stress and anxiety we only make things worse when we turn to Jesus... that is where all peace comes from!!

No comments: