I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, May 13, 2012

5.13.12

1 Samuel 14:24 Now the men of Israel were pressed to exhaustion that day, because Saul had placed them under an oath, saying, "Let a curse fall on anyone who eats before evening -- before I have full revenge on my enemies." So they ate nothing that day.

My Thoughts
Saul was hasty with his words... his son Jonathan was out of camp and missed what Saul said.  Saul almost had to put Jonathan, his on son to death for speaking in haste. Thankfully the men in camp respected and loved Jonathan and saved him. Saul didn't go to God before he spoke!

How often do our words, spoken in haste, effect our family, our friends, the people around us! Always probably!  We need to be careful of the worlds we speak, we need to seek God in all that we say.  Saul's words almost put Jonathan to death. Our words may not seem that drastict...but often the reverberate for years in some body's life.  Our words can change the course of a life and us not ever know it!! If our words of selfish or unkind... if they are words that tell somebody that can't because they are not good enough...we may just be the person that causes the death of a dream for somebody.  That dream may have been just the thing that would feed that person's family.

On the other hand...if we go to God and ask Him for help with our words... if our words are loving and kind..if they are generous and uplifting...if they are "you can" words.  Then maybe just maybe we can make a dream take root in somebody enough to grow.  Our words can change the course of some body's life for the good.  Our words are important and powerful... therefor they should never, ever be spoken in haste.

No comments: