I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, May 30, 2012

5.30.12

1 Corinthians 1:7-9 (The Message) Just think—you don't need a thing, you've got it all! All God's gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale. And not only that, but God himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus. God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of his Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that.

My Thoughts
Look! God has given us all that we need, He is right beside us along the way and He will never give up on us!!

We so often look for people to give us just these things!!  What pressure we put on others for our happiness and security!!... When all along God is here for us...providing all that we need... including loves, and security.  Just think how much more we could enjoy the people around us if we depended on God for our needs...and we just loved people right where they are in life!  Then our relationship with God would be in balance...and our relationship with people would be better... it would be a relationship built on love and not need. We could then just enjoy people... grow and learn with them ... let them love us the way the know how...and we could love them the way we know how. We could depend on God and remove all expectation from others.... and be free to love!

Jesus said in Matthew 22:37-40 Love God with all our hearts, souls and minds and to love our neighbor as ourselves.  If we do this... if we love God first then we can understand that He will take care of our needs. Then we are free to love others. If we love others as we love ourselves...then we will accept them right where they are... we will give them the benefit of the doubt...we will do things for them that will make their days better. 

God's plan works... just too often we think our plan is better and we try to go about doing things our way.  As we give ourselves over to God life just gets better and better.  God is always right there beside us waiting for us to say "Here you go God...I am giving this life totally to you."  The amazing thing about God is that He stays there waiting taking what we do give over to Him... and letting us learn little by little.  I think He smiles down at us each time we learn something new and put it into practice!

No comments: