I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, May 31, 2012

5.31.12

2 Chronicles 7:14 I am called by Your name. I humble myself, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity Your face and turn from my wicked ways (. In doing this, You have promised to hear from heaven, forgive my sin, and heal my land. (Amplified Bible)

My Thoughts
It is not the right president who can save our country... or the right people in Congress or the House of Representatives who can save our country.  It is God!  God will only reach down his mighty, righteous right hand and do this if we turn to Him....  turn from the wrong things we do! Wicked is an adjective that means evil.  We so often want to believe "evil" is a Jeffery Dahmer kind of sin.  But evil is also defined as harm; mischief; misfortune: to wish one evil or anything causing injury or harm, anger, irritability, bad conduct or character. Sin is evil...any sin. 

Our country is in danger as long as we are not praying, as long as we are not seeking after God, as long as we keep doing those sins that society deem as "OK."

God will heal our land... our country... our economy when we turn back to Him...fall on our knees...and do our very best to choose to do the right things in the eyes of God.  God has the power to turn everything around in America ... no matter who appears to be "in charge." But our part is to seek after God... to pray... to humble ourselves... to turn from our wicked/evil ways. We have to live right if we want our country to be in right standing with God.  When we get in right standing with God, God will take care of all our needs no matter how incapable we are....we don't even have to know how to do it right... all we have to know how to do is love God with all our heart and do what God ask us to do...then the rest will fall right into place, because God will command it to!

So next time  you are prompted to do the right thing....the next time I am prompted to do the right thing...we need to stop and know that the choice we make will not just effect us... the choice we make will effect the whole country... it will effect our children, it will effect our parents, our brothers or our sisters, our friends... it will effect people on the other side of this continent that we will never meet... our actions...even when no one is looking effect the balance of the world!  Our actions never, ever effect just us!!  What choice will you make?


No comments: