I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, May 22, 2012

5.22.12

Proverbs 15:28 The heart of the godly thinks carefully before speaking; the mouth of the wicked overflows with evil words.

My Thoughts
When we read this verse we like to think of evil as something we would never do!!  We think of the definition of evil as being wicked... most of us are not wicked.  But evil is also defined as morally wrong or bad, harmful, of bad conduct or character, angry or irritable.  Those things are also listed under the definition of evil. Why just yesterday I spoke out, saying more than I should because I was so irritated!! I thought of myself as frustrated but I was actually irritated.  In that state instead of stopping and asking God for help... instead of thinking before I spoke ... I let evil take over my words and spoke out in my irritation. I didn't think of myself as being wicked at the moment... I don't think that if I had not read this verse I would have even know I was being wicked.  But the Bible here, tells me that I was!

Not guarding our words... speaking out in anger, and irritation is, to God, a wicked things...and it should be to us.  As Thumper said in the movie Bambi "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." If we can't talk without expressing our angry or irritation then we shouldn't talk at all until we have calmed down enough to fully see the situation.

We don't have to keep our anger and irritation inside of us... we just have to learn to go to God with it instead of people... God knows everybody involved... God sees the situation as it is... God can help us sort things the way they should be sorted out.  People...well they have their own agenda, or they see only our side. They often say what they think we want to hear fueling the fire. God speaks only the truth into our hearts.

This verse will forever make me see that speaking in irritation or anger is wicked and evil... not justified! I will work much harder now at going to God when I feel these things!! 

Thank you dear God for these words...Thank you dear God for helping me see things as they are... for helping me improve my life.  In Jesus name, Amen

No comments: