I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, May 24, 2012

5.24.12

Psalms 119:32 I will pursue your commands, for you expand my understanding.

My Thoughts
Proverbs 2:1-5 tells us that to seek after wisdom like we would silver and gold. When we do our best to learn more and more about God and how He wants us to live our lives... God expands our understanding!  Another words...If we want to be wiser and smarter... the secret is to seek after God...then he will give us understanding!!! In His word God gives us understanding of how to get along well with others, how to grieve, how to succeed in life, how to become rich, how to settle conflict, how to avoid conflict, how to love, how to rest, how to pray, how to raise our children, how to be a good wife, how to be a good husband, how to be a good leader, how to be a good servant, how to be a good worker...It is all there...everything we need to know!!  We just have to earnestly seek after it!! How amazing it is that so much information is in this one book yet we don't use it to teach students in school.  How sad is that!

I love this verse!  I believe it is because I am in my third year of reading through my One Year Bible (NLT).  Each year I learn more ...I learn something new...I find things that amaze me that I missed before!  When I started reading this Bible...most of it didn't make any sense to me... then as I kept after it...as my prayers improved...as my faith in God improved.....so did my understanding and knowledge.  I know now that when I am on my 20th year of reading through the Bible I will still be finding new treasures that will enhance my relationship with God, with people, with myself.  My life will get better and better and better and better.  I will be better able to cope with hardships the more I seek after God ...the more understanding He drops down into my life!  These first two years and 5 months have changed me in amazing ways...I have grown by leaps and bounds.... I am amazed each day... it makes me look so forward to learning and knowing and growing more in God, in His wisdom...I can't wait for Him to expand my understanding a little more and a little more!!  I can't wait to see what amazing things I understand and put to use in my future!  For God only wants the very best for me... God only wants the very best for you...for all of us!! 

 It starts by believing in Jesus,  asking Him into your heart... asking forgiveness of your sins...then it gets amazingly better when we learn to pick up our instruction book on life, The Bible and we study and learn....then God gives us understanding .. We don't have to be a rocket scientist, or have a Masters Degree, I think my grandmother only had an 8th grade education...we just have to pursue God's commands and God gives  us understanding!! Each time I pick up the Bible I understand just a little  more, and a little more all because God gives it to me! A gift of understanding, how precious is that!!

No comments: