I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, May 3, 2012

5.2.12

Proverbs 14:21 It is a sin to belittle one's neighbor: blessed are those who help the poor.

My Thoughts
Belittle is defined as "to make something or someone feel unimportant" or to consider or speak of (something or someone) as less valuable or important than it really is."

It is a sin to make somebody feel like a nobody, it is a sin to talk about somebody, anybody like they are unimportant. It is a sin to treat anybody like they matter less than we do. It is a sin to talk about somebody like they matter less then we do. 

The thing is we are all created by God for a purpose!  We all matter to God. Some of us may not be as smart as others of us....some us of may not be as sweet as others of us.... some of us may not be as logical... some of us may manage money better than others of us... some of us may be more compassionate.  The thing is God made is all different because we all have a different part to play in this world.  A different purpose.

All Christians are in a different place in our walk with Jesus...learning and growing.  The people that don't yet believe in God ...well they just haven't gotten there yet...they just haven't had the right person in their path that makes them see Jesus in a way that they can understand who He is and how much He loves them.

We have to be really careful, really careful not to treat anybody like they don't matter... and we have to also be really careful no to talk about somebody like they don't matter.  We love believing that we matter to God, that we are important to God... we would want God to be sad with anyone that mistreats us.... what we have to stop and remember is that we ALL belong to God just the same... we are each and every one of us God's creation, God's treasure, God's child. If God would not want somebody to belittle us... he sure doesn't want us belittling anybody else.

Each person we come in contact with in a day, we need to stop and say to ourselves, "This is one of God's children. How would God want me to treat them?" and when we open our mouths and start to say something about somebody we need so think first "This is one of God children that I am about to talk about, what would God want me to say about them?" Wouldn't it be wonderful if everybody that came in contact with you/me, everyone that spoke about you/me, spoke of us like we were one of God's children and he was standing there listening! Then we need to do what Matthew 7:12 tells us to do... we need to treat others as we want to be treated. We need to treat others like they are a treasure to God and God is watching!

No comments: