I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, May 16, 2012

5.16.12

Proverbs 15:14 A wise person is hungry for knowledge, while the fool feeds on trash.

My Thoughts
Wow!!... I wonder how much we could be learning if we spent more time with God and less time with the TV... I have cut back...but find myself letting it creep back into my day. A little here.. a little more there... that is my daytime TV...I have not attempted to cut back on my night time TV!  So often we don't feel like we have time to read and study our Bible... yet we always squeeze in time to see our favorite TV shows.  While down time is so important...I wonder just how much better we could cope with life if we were putting more God time in our day and less TV.

This year is my third year to read through my Bible...so I am about 1/3 of the way there.. a little more than that.  Each time I find something new...I understand something more... the more I read God's word the more my actions change... the more I know how God would want me to respond.  What if instead of turning on the TV in the afternoon I read another daily reading...and instead of watching that last TV show at night I read one more daily reading?  What if?  Then I could improve my life 3 times as fast it would seem! Maybe I would improve my life faster than that... because not only would I be learning more about God...I would have less trash going in...so then I would have less trash coming out. 

For a while I was good at listening to books on tape about the Bible while I knitted.. lately I have been watching afternoon TV. Some of it good...Like learning about the Power of Habits by Charles Duhigg.  But some of it was just trash...some of it not trash...but not anything to even remember... more mind numbing. Why would I ever choose mind numbing over learning to do life better???

We all want to be smarter!!.. Wiser!! .. Better equipped to handle the world!  ... Right here it tells us how... We need to be hungry for knowledge and quit feeding on trash. I think I have not choice but to choose to do better!!

No comments: