I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, May 2, 2012

5.2.12

Psalm 103:3 He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.

My Thoughts
From 1914 to 1977 Small Pox killed 300 to 500 million people... but has been eradicated since then because God gave someone the knowledge to create a vaccine.  Every day countless mothers and babies are saved because God gave somebody the knowledge to perform a cesarean.  Countless men and women go into the hospital one day and come out the next with a stint in their heart that saves theirs lives. People every day have their appendix's removed, or their gallbladders removed their lives are saved from what would have been death just a few decades ago. Now we see these surgeries as "no big deal." That is unless it is happening to us.

So many things that use to kill us are now "no big deal." Yet the first year nobody had small pox, or the first time a mother or child was saved from s cesarean, or the first time somebody had a infected appendix and a surgeon removed that appendix, these things were all considered a miracle!The accomplishment was celebrated!!! These things  were a miracle! They still are a miracle... just because they are "common" miracles does not make them any less a miracle. God is busy every day saving us from things...healing us... making us all better again.  God is busy giving people purpose by giving us  ability and knowledge...by making us a part of His miracles!  Everytime we are cured from a virus, or a disease is put in remission by a pill. God has preformed a miracle!  Yet we put those pills in our mouths and never even think to say "Thank you God!!"

I have complained about the pills I have to take...I have heard so many people complain about pills they are taking. We often don't even finish a bottle of antibiotics because we just don't like taking them. What we need to be doing...what I plan on doing this morning when I go and take my pills is to look up to heaven and say "Thank you God for this miracle you provide for my body today!"  How many times have you taken a round of antibiotics in your life?... Each and every time you did, each and every time I did, God was busy healing our diseases! We need to get busy thanking God.

No comments: