I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, May 15, 2012

5.15.12

1 Samuel 17:45-47 David replied to the Philistine, "You come to me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of Heaven's Armies -- the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defiled.  Today the Lord will conquer you, and I will kill you and cut off your head.  And then I will give the dead bodies of your men to the birds and wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel! And everyone assembled here will know that the Lord rescues his people, but not with sword and spear.  This is the Lord's battle, and he will give you to us!"

My Thoughts
This day it was David's job to fight the Philistine.  That job for had been there in front of a whole army of men for 40 days...nobody had been about to muster up the courage to do it.  David though gave it to God... David didn't even attempt to do it on his own. He declared that it was God's battle and that God would win. He stepped up to show all the people there..and even us today... that when you gave it to God... no matter how big the problem was...that God could defeat the problem!

How many problems do we face where we sit back with the army...and wait and hope somebody else is strong enough to handle the problem?  How often do we try to just ignore a problem and hope it will go away? I do it a lot!!  What I should do is say... this battle is God's battle!!.. God can handle it...I give you all the glory God for taking care of this for me. I will step in and do my part God and I know that you will take over from there!! 

David knew that God would take over... after all God had been with him in the field with the sheep when he fought lions and bears... David had confidence that God was with him now facing the giant Philistine. When we start giving things to God..even the little things we think we can handle on our own...then we will start to see that God does take over... God does finish if we just ask Him to and we step in and get started. The more we do this..the more times we give something to God... the more our confidence builds in God and the more we are able to let go and let God..the more we are able to give up control...and the more successful we will be...not because we are able...but because we have learned that God is able!  David knew that God was able...David gave the Philistine to God. What do you need to give to God today??  I need to start out with just giving him the little things...so that when the big things come along it is automatic..it is my habit to let go and let God.

No comments: