I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, April 8, 2011

4.8.11

Luke 12:37-38 The servants who are ready and waiting for his return will be rewarded. I tell you the truth, he himself will seat them, put on an apron, and serve them as they sit and eat!  He may come in the middle of the night or just before dawn. But whenever he comes, he will reward the servants who are ready.


My Thoughts
We should always, always be ready and waiting for Jesus.  We should conduct ourselves in a way that if Jesus were to appear beside us at any time he would smile down on us. If Jesus was to appear beside us today would He would smile at what we are doing?  Would He would smile at what we were saying? Would He would smile at the thoughts that we are dwelling on?  Would He would smile at the way we are treating somebody? Would He would smile at the way we are working? Would He smile at the choices we make? Would He smile at the way we were spending our money? As we go about our day making choices, speaking words we should always, always be mindful and ask ourselves "Would this decision, would this action, would these words make Jesus smile?" If we would always be mindful of what we do and what we say making Jesus smile then when Jesus returns we will get to be one of the  people sitting at the dinner feast. Now that is a feast I don't want to miss!

No comments: