I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, April 16, 2011

4.16.11

Psalms 85:8 Listen carefully to what God the Lord is saying, for he speaks peace to his faithful people.  But let them not return to those foolish ways.

My Thoughts
God is wonderful this way... He give us instructions on how to be peaceful.... He comes near to us and gives up a peace that passes all understanding.  God wants us to have peace in our hearts, peace with each other. Love is the key to peace. Jesus tells us to "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" (Luke 10:27) When we love others and want what is best for them, and they love us and want what is best for us the only thing that could come from that is peace.  As I apply this to loosing my mom...I think of her in heaven with only love in her heart... no thoughts from the devil trying to get in her head.... no thoughts of "how could we get over he dieing if we loved her?!?!?!" only the purest thoughts of love. In those thoughts if she could come to me she would hold my face in her hands and say "I know you loved me... I know you did the best you could... I love you with all my heart... now you quit missing miss we will be together again...and you go about being happy... be sure to love everybody around you because love is an amazing thing!  ... Love is all I feel now... wonderful amazing love... now go and be happy and I will see you again soon."... Pure love, total love, the love we will feel in heaven brings only peace.  When we go about loving here on earth, doing loving things, having loving thoughts only peace comes from that.

No comments: