I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, April 2, 2011

4.2.11

Luke 10:5-6 “Whenever you enter someone’s home, first say, ‘May God’s peace be on this house.’  If those who live there are peaceful, the blessing will stand; if they are not, the blessing will return to you.

My Thoughts
I loved this when I read it... Jesus was sending out disciples to spread the good news and he told them to pray peace over all the houses the went into.  This would be such a wonderful habit to make in our own lives... if we blessed every building we entered in the Name of Jesus.  We need to wish blessing and peace  upon everything and everybody around us... when our community is blessed, when our community is peaceful we get blessing in return... it is a win win!... I would love to know that somebody blessed my house, ask for God's peace over my home as they walked through the door. Praying for somebody is such a wonderful way to honor them... to love them.... and to ask for peace over their home...their life... their work... what a wonderful way to go about spreading joy! I like this... I want to make it a part of everywhere I go.

No comments: