I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, April 3, 2011

4.3.11

Proverbs 12:13 The wicked are trapped by their own words, but the godly escape much trouble.

My Thoughts
Oh wow!...How true is this!... I think the best example of this is gossip in the work place..... that we should walk away and not listen...but we get drawn in ... then we know we should keep our mouth shut but we dont....then the next thing we  know we are part of all the trouble the gossip has caused!!.... We felt it in deep in your insides... we  heard the Holy Spirit inside of  us telling us to walk away but we didn't do what we knew was right.  Just think if every time we did what we knew we should do how much trouble we would stay out of.  If we did what we knew God would want and walked away from the gossip in the first place...where we didn't even know what it was to be tempted to share it... we would not get sucked into the trouble.  God tells us these things to keep us safe and happy.  God tells us these things to protect us and the people around us.  Doing what God ask can only bring about good.  We should always take pause when we feel the Holy Spirit nudging our insides... take pause and listen... then don't "but" the Holy Spirit... Do what he tells us to do...and see how our daily lives change for the better.

No comments: