I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, April 24, 2011

4.24.11

Luke 22:31-32 “Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift each of you like wheat. But I have pleaded in prayer for you, Simon, that your faith should not fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen your brothers.”

My Thoughts
Jesus was saying to Simon... I know you are going to mess up...the devil is really after you!!.... I know you think you won't mess up...but you are going to.... I am already saying prayers for you... I know you will ask forgiveness .... aft...er all this happens help the people you know be strong in me.

Jesus loved Simon... knew he was going to mess up... Simon was going to mess up by denying Jesus!... Jesus loved him anyway.... Jesus loved him so much that He prayed for Simon. What an example of pure love! It is hard to love people that talk about us... it is hard to love people that are mean to us... it is hard to love people that betray us. But Jesus loved Simon even thou He knew that one of his best buddies in the world was going to deny Him. Don't you know this was hurtful!... as hurtful as it was Jesus didn't just pray for Simon... Jesus pleaded, pleaded in prayer for Simon.

We need to take this example and follow it. We don't need to react in anger when somebody upsets us...we need to stop and pray for them. Imagine what prayer will do for not only for the other person but for us... it will soften our heart... if we take time to pray for the people that wrong us, people that hurt us, people that make us angry... then we ourselves are changed. When we have offered up forgiveness...when we have sent a prayer up for the person that hurt us...and we have cleansed our own heart from anger. ...our day also be better!!.. When we do this we can go about being happy and productive. But when we stay angry and hurt we destroy our day with our words, our feelings and our actions... we actually make the anger grow into a creature all its own...sometimes we destroy a whole week or year with the anger in our hearts.. just think of all we have to gain when we pray for those who hurt us. Imagine how love can grown when we focus on love.....When we react in anger the devil smiles...when we react like Jesus, God smiles.See More

No comments: