I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, April 19, 2011

4.19.11

Luke 19:41-42 But as Jesus came closer to Jerusalem and saw the city ahead, he began to weep.  "How I wish today that you of all people would understand the way to peace.  But now it is too late, and peace is hidden from your eyes."

My Thoughts
Jesus was sad because the people didn't understand.  Jesus is sad today when we don't understand. Proverbs 8:17 says that the more we seek God the more we will find him.  Jesus wanted the people to seek after God... to seek after God's peace... to seek after God's love.... Jesus knew and knows that God provides all our needs.  The more we want to know... the more time we spend seeking after God the more God gives us of himself.  It is like a addict in a way... and addict never gets better until they want to get better... they have to want it.  We can't know all that God has for us until we decide we want it enough to seek after all that God has for us.  Jesus knew all that God had for the people.. Jesus knew how wonderful the gifts from God are...and it made Jesus weep because he knew just how much the people were missing out on. Jesus knew how much God loves... how much peace you can have with God ... Jesus knew the power of God's love ... Jesus wept because the people were missing out on such wonderful things. Jesus still today wants us to have all that God gives us.... God will give us all we seek after...but we have to want it.  We have to take the steps to truly know God.  What steps will you take today??

No comments: