I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, April 18, 2011

4.18.11

Luke 19:26 “‘Yes,’ the king replied, ‘and to those who use well what they are given, even more will be given. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.


My Thoughts
This story starts a few verses up... the king gives each of his servants money... one makes great investments... one makes good investments and one hides his money away.  The king comes back and is upset with the man that didn't do anything with what he had been given and takes his money from him.  Jesus uses this story to help us understand the importance of using what He gives us. 

The most valuable thing God gives us is love.  The more we love.. the more love we get in return.  We can hide away from the world and not share that love or we can go about the world and love with all our heart. When we do that it is like putting love in a bank.  When we put money in the bank, or in good investments we get more money in return. When we go about putting love in the world we get love in return. Sometimes we put our money in places where we don't get a return...but we have to keep trying.  The same can be said about love...sometimes we can put our love in a place where we don't get a return on our investment.  But we should never give up...there is always a place to put our love where it will grow and grow.  The return on love is an amazing thing.  I think too when God gives us something we love doing...we can use that ability to share our love...to show people that we care.. and the return on that will be more love and a greater capacity in our ability to create. God loves to expand our world when we let him.  We just have to step out on faith, we have to make that investment into the good things in life, in people, in the world... when God is our banker the return is pure, amazing love! There is no better return than love.



No comments: