I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, April 20, 2011

4.20.11

Proverbs 13:16 Wise people think before the act; fools don't - and even brag about their foolishness.

My Thoughts
I have learned so much in the past 16 months of reading my Bible daily.  It amazes me at how my life has changed.  The more I read and learn the more God's ways are written in my heart. Learning what the Bible says had so changed the decisions I make on  a daily basis. Do I still mess up? Sure I do...but I am getting much better. Maya Angelou said "When you know better, you do better." I always tried to do the best I could... I did the best I could with the knowledge I had.  But I kept making foolish mistakes...often by just opening my mouth!!... We have all done that... then even bragged about what we said later... then later than that realized how silly, how foolish we sounded.  But, we can know better! God gives us instructions, God tells us how to make wise choices...the more we seek wisdom the more our capacity for wisdom grows. It builds on itself.  The more I learn about God the easier it is to make a wise decision... I have fewer choices. "Fewer choices?"you might say. But, fewer choices is actually a good thing because doing the right thing actually broadens my horizon...and I don't spend hours, days, even week agonizing over what choice to make... and I don't spend near as much time suffering the bad consequences of my foolish decisions.  The more I learn the messages God gives us in His word the more I can discern the difference between the Holy Spirit and my own voice inside my head... I never go wrong when I do what the Holy Spirit directs me to do. It says here in Proverbs that wise people think before they act... I think wise people think "What would make God smile in this situation." When we learn to read our instruction book for life (the Bible) we learn over and over again what would make God smile.  When we choose to make God smile life only gets easier, and fuller...it opens up space to feel the joy in life that God wants to give us. If somebody ask me today how to change their life for the better I would say "Read your Bible every day, if it is only a verse or two. Pick it up and read it because once you know better, you can do better."

No comments: