I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, April 23, 2011

4.23.11

Psalm 91:14-16 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.”

My Thoughts
This passage just makes me feel all safe and warm.  In this world we become all self absorbed... we are taught to think me, me, me.  We are taught to take care of ourselves and not depend on others.  Commercials tell us be selfish it's OK... you deserve it! The Bible tells us to love! ... To put God first.... and God says I will take care of those who love me...I will be with them in trouble...when they call on me I will answer...I will reward them with a long life and salvation.  The best way to take care of yourself is just to love God... to honor God... to trust God.  If we quit worrying about our self and put all our energy in God everything else will fall into place.  The world may send trouble our way...but God will be with us and God is stronger than the world.  One way that salvation is defined is : Preservation or deliverance from harm, ruin, or loss.  When we love God, trust God, call on God, He will protect us from harm, ruin or loss.  In John 10:10 Jesus tells us that the came to give us life... more abundantly.  God loves us and wants to take care of us... God wants to make our lives better.... To make our life better we don't need to look to stuff...we don't need to go around saying I deserve so I am going to have not matter what it cost... we need to take time for God... we need to love God... we need to trust in God...everything else will fall into place.  Because God loves us even more than we know how to love ourselves.

No comments: