I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, April 1, 2011

4.1.11

Deuteronomy 20:1 “When you go out to fight your enemies and you face horses and chariots and an army greater than your own, do not be afraid. The Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, is with you!

My Thoughts
I use to be confused about praying for God to be with me.... and against somebody else... "Wouldn't God want to help us both?"  Our enemy is not the other person... our enemy is evil, the devil himself...not the other person.  So we can pray for God to go against our enemy.. to cast out our enemy...then the "person" that seems like our enemy can become our friend... and the other person can come out of a situation as untouched as us.  God is always with us when we ask Him to be... when we pray for the "people" that seem like out enemies we should pray God's goodness and mercy upon them.. pray that they feel God's great love.  When we pray against our enemy it is important to know that the enemy is the devil... When we pray for the "people" that seem like our enemies only good can come from that.  If we are all loving and kind...if we all learn to do as Jesus said and love our neighbor as we love ourselves we would all be building each other up... helping each other become stronger and better...imagine a whole nation that were building each other up... or a whole office that built each other up... a whole church that built each other up... a whole family that built each other up......wow what wonderful power in God we would have!... We need to ask God to help us defeat our enemies... we need to ask God to help us defeat evil.... we need to chase the devil as far away as we can...  and then love all the people around us with our whole heart.  Can one person change the world? I believe they can at least change the world around them.  I have seen one person taken over by evil change the workplace into a bad place... If we let ourselves be taken over by love, by God and all his goodness, couldn't we change the world around us for the good?  I believe that we could by fighting evil with love.

No comments: