I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, April 7, 2011

4.7.11

Luke 12:31  "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need."

My Thoughts
I love this!!... Love, love, love this!!  Eighteen months ago I would have read this and not given it much thought... because I really didn't understand how to seek the Kingdom of God above all else. Then I started reading my Bible daily... and each day I learned a little more and a little more .... and now I am reading through my Bible a second time... and learning a little more and a little more.  The more I seek to know about God the more I understand... the more I understand the more I am able to apply the knowledge that God plants in my soul.  The more I try to know God, the more I talk to God, the more I listen to the Holy Spirit inside me guiding my steps and my words.... the better my life gets!  The less I worry... I hardly worry at all any more...and I use to worry about anything and everything!... the more I know about God the more I understand just how in control He is.  The more of my life that I hand over to God the more He takes care of.  All I really have to do is seek after God... strive to do what God ask me to do...and God takes care of the rest... I have learned that the more I know God... the more I seek to know God the more he takes care of all my other needs.  Now when I read this verse it just fills me with joy!!  Overwhelming Joy!! I use to feel kind of like a ship lost at sea... subject to any wind or storm that came along...some days were breezy and sunny and other days were like a hurricane... and no matter what I did I could not quiet the storms.  Now I feel like a baby cradled in the hands of somebody that loves them with all their heart and will protect them no matter what ...and even if a storm comes along the winds can blow and the waves can crash but I am totally and completely protected.  When ever I feel unprotected I just examine my life and see where I have wandered from God and I ask forgiveness and I am all safe again. Seeking after God is so much easier than worrying about the world...and way more productive.

No comments: