I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, April 22, 2011

4.22.11

Proverbs 13:20 Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.

My Thoughts
Each day we have choices. One of these choices is who we are going to spend out time with. God tells us to spend our time with Godly people. God tells us that wisdom comes from His word.  If wisdom comes from God's word and we need to walk with the wise that adds up to being with people that love God and try their best to do what God ask. I have learned more about how this helps me by going to Bible Study.  Each week I gather in a room with a group of ladies that love God. Ladies that are doing their best to do what God ask of them. Each week I learn something new that God promises me...I learn that God is there for me... I learn how to lean on God more and more.  It is like getting my battery charged with positive energy.  When I go to make a decision I often refer back to something I learned from the wise ladies of my Bible study.  The problem with hanging out with fools is that event tho we think what they say is not rubbing off on us it does. We hear their stories about the choices they make and one day when we have a choice to make we find ourselves thinking "oh it will be ok.... _____________ did this and it worked out fine." Before we know it we have been influenced by somebody that we know does not make wise decisions.  An example of this could be hanging out with somebody that doesn't manage their money well. We see them buy and buy... but we never hear the stories of how they can't sleep at night.  We go to the store and we  see something we really, really want.... and we know we should save up our money first.  Then we think "_____________ uses their credit card all the time...they seem fine." We know better... we know spending money we don't have is not a good thing.... but we are influenced by what we have seen and that association sneaks into our minds and we make a not so wise choice.  But if we have been hanging out with somebody that manages their money the thought that runs through out head will be "If you can't save for it then how can you make the payments on it." and we walk away and start an envelope when we get home. In other words what goes into our minds is often times what comes out in our actions. So if we spend our time with wise people...we will have wise information stored in our hearts and minds.  God tells us that wisdom is a choice... he tells us all the time to choose wisdom.  We don't get a free pass for being foolish, foolish has it consequences. On the other hand wisdom has it rewards.  Consequence or reward? Consequence of reward?? That would be a good test when you are making a decision "Will this action produce a consequence or will it produce a reward?"  Remember to always be honest with yourself when you answer.

No comments: