I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, April 5, 2011

4.5.11

Deuteronomy 28:1-2&15 (1-2) If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully keep all his commands that I am giving you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the world. You will experience all these blessings if you obey the Lord your God: (15) “But if you refuse to listen to the Lord your God and do not obey all the commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come and overwhelm you:

My Thoughts
This is a chapter worth reading!!... it goes on to list all that we can have if we obey God and it list all that will come upon us if we don't obey God.  God is talking to the Israelites here...but you can so see how it applies to the United States... how we grew and how strong we became when we were obeying God... and how much we are loosing as we turn away from God.  I think the next president should read this chapter in the Bible on Inauguration.  What is exciting is that every time the Israelites turned back to God, God forgave them and showered them with blessings again!  One person may not be able to change a nation... but we can change ourselves and what we do.  The change in us will impact us, our families and all the people we come in contact with.  We can make a difference by doing what God ask us to do.  When the people around us see the changes in our lives...when they see us prosper and do good...when they see the blessings that God has given us and ask why our lives are good.  We can say "These gifts come from God, He promises me that if I do good and love Him and obey his commands He will bless me.  I do my best each day to do what God ask and he blesses my life."  It is not enough to know what God wants us to do... we need to live what God wants us to do. 

What I have experienced is as I read my Bible and learn what God wants from me in my life... as I put into practice all that I learn.... my life just gets better and better and better... God takes away all the confusion and frustration... and each and every day I see more of God's blessings in my life... I have learned to more I do what God ask of me the more blessings I see in my life... and the more excited I get about life.. the more joy I have... the more I accomplish... the more I am able to learn and grow in all areas of my life.  God and His blessings are truly amazing.

No comments: