I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, April 11, 2011

4.11.11

Joshua 3:13-16 "The priests will carry the Ark of the Lord, the Lord of all the earth. As soon as their feet touch the water, the flow of water will be cut off upstream, and the river will stand up like a wall.” So the people left their camp to cross the Jordan, and the priests who were carrying the Ark of the Covenant went ahead of them. It was the harvest season, and the Jordan was overflowing its banks. But as soon as the feet of the priests who were carrying the Ark touched the water at the river’s edge,  the water above that point began backing up a great distance away at a town called Adam, which is near Zarethan. And the water below that point flowed on to the Dead Sea until the riverbed was dry. Then all the people crossed over near the town of Jericho.

My Thoughts
These people were about to go into a battle that God ask them to go into... God said I will take care of you...I will take care of this river so you can cross it... but first you have to trust me enough to do your part.  You have to show you trust me by placing your feet at the waters edge, then I will do my part and stop the water and dry up the ground beneath the water.  How do this apply to us?  God ask us everyday to go out into the world and do Godly things instead of wordly things... that can be a battle... God will help us do those things, just like he stopped the waters of the river.... first we have to do our part and show our faith in God.  We have to open our mouth..then God will give us the words...we have to start the task then God will help us finish... we have to give then God will give us enough to replace what we gave and then some....God is so much stronger and so much more able then we could ever be... what we have to do is be willing... then God takes care of the able!... so today when we feel God prompting us to do something... lets take put our feet at the waters edge... then let God do the rest.


No comments: