I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, September 6, 2010

9.6.10

Psalms 50:14-15 (God said) "Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High.  Then call on me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue, and you will give me glory."

My Thoughts
I was thinking about how the Children of Israel  they were busy, busy, busy all the time making sacrifices to God... they had to grow the prefect animals... then travel miles it took lots of work to give their sacrifices... then drain the blood from the animal.... and cook that huge animal.... All we have to do is be thankful... not just be thankful but tell God how thankful we are... we need to be aware of all the things in our lives that we are thankful for.... this is no trouble at all we just have to be mindful.... and God says that this can be our sacrifice... and in return we can call on God anytime we are in trouble he will be right there for us.... we also need to remember, be totally aware that all the times that our troubles got all better. and they always do, that is was God who took care of those troubles ... and we need to give God the glory.... I believe that this is why we have the desire in us to be noticed when we do something that is great or wonderful  or something that is small... so that we have the ability to realize how important it is to God that we are totally aware of all that has done and is doing for us.... we can be thankful when we wake up.. when we are cooking, when we are driving.. when we look over at someone we love and have that feeling that fills our heart... when we are just getting to sit and enjoy the quite... when we can move because we don't feel good... when we lay down to sleep at night... we need to remember to thank God always, always, always. When we follow God's commands it is for us to keep us safe... when we are thankful it is all for Him!

No comments: