I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, September 4, 2010

8.4.10

Ecclesiastes 7:14 Enjoy prosperity while you can, but then when hard times strike, realize that both come from God.  Remember nothing is certain in this life.

My Thoughts
It is so hard to realize that hard times do sometimes come from God... in the hard times we need to remember to praise God and thank God... and ask God what he wants us to learn from our situation... because what we learn in the hard times prepare for our lives in the future... the hard times make us strong... we may be going through a hard time now... to be strong enough to handle something bigger that is coming... and if we learn from the hard time we are in now...maybe what we learn will keep the something bigger from defeating us... it's is probably much like when we spank our child for getting in the road (now that spanking is a hard time for them)... but this spanking prepared them for when the transfer truck would be coming down the road... and that little bit of a hard time... saved them from something much bigger than a spanking... We have no idea when a bad time comes along if its one of those times God is preparing us... but God knows... so we need to stop and say "Okay God, I am listening, what do you need me to learn form this... thank you so much God for preparing me for what lies ahead."... Just like a child may never understand that you saved them from that truck... we may never know what God saved us from... but you better believe that God is constantly saving us from dangers that we had no idea were there... and for this we need to be very, very grateful... Today my prayer will be "Thank you God for preparing me for bigger things, thank you God for saving me from the dangers that I never saw coming.... and that I never knew passed."

No comments: