I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, September 3, 2010

9.3.10

Ecclesiastes 6:11 The more words that you speak, the less they mean.  So what good are they.

My Thoughts
Have you even know one of those people that hardly ever talk... they walk around so quite you hardly know they are there...but at the same time their presents is almost overpowering... they are always there.... then they speak... in a quiet tone... just a quick sentence and you so hope you heard it all because when they talk they always say something wise... Then never talk to break the silence, in fact they seem to enjoy the silence... but when they do speak  you realize that they have always been listening ..... they know everything that is going on... they never speak out of turn... they never interrupt....  then finally they speak .and their wisdom moves mountains somehow...wow if we could all be like that.

William Penn, the American colonist who Pennsylvania was named for, gave this list of rules to regarding conversation:

  "Avoid Company where it is not profitable or necessary, and in those occasions, speak little and last."
"Silence is wisdom where speaking is folly, and always safe."

"Some are so foolish as to interrupt and anticipate those that speak instead of hearing and thinking before they answer, which is uncivil, as well as silly."

"If thou thinkest twice before thou speakest once, thou wilt speak twice the better for it."

"Better to day nothing than not to purpose. And to speak pertinently, consider both what is fit, and when it is fit, to speak."

"In all debates, let the truth be they aim, not victory or an unjust interest; and endeavor to gain, rather then to expose, they antagonist."

I bet William Penn knew this Bible verse, and I bet he was one of those quiet people that people listened to when he did speak.... I should really work on this!!!



No comments: