I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, September 15, 2010

9.15.10

Psalms 59:16 But as for me, I will sing about your power. Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place for safety when I am in distress.


My Thoughts
So many times we wake up in the morning on a work day or a busy day… and we start the day complaining about all that is going to go wrong… about how awful the day will be… about all that lies ahead of us… we actually call upon the day to be a bad day… we set in motion bad happenings… we need to take a page from David… we need… no matter how things look… no matter how this are… to start our day singing, or speaking God’s great power… we need to sing with joy and thank God that he is on our side.. That he is our refuge… rejoice in the fact that God keeps us safe…. Stand there in our morning with our arms out soaking in God’s unfailing love… we need to wake up and command the day to be a day of God’s favor and thank him in advance for all the wonderful things he will do for us that day…. If you are use to doing the first thing… use to starting out with complaints.. Come home after you have done that and write down all about your day… then get up… try what David did… sing about God’s power with joy… celebrate that we have God’s unfailing love… thank God for being you place of refuge…then come home that day and write down all about your day… read back over both days… and then choose how to start tomorrow….

1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

I love waking up to praise and worship music... it sets the mood for the day! and give you such a sense of peace and order. Thank You.