I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, September 11, 2010

10.11.10

2 Corinthians 12:9 Each time God said "My grace is all you need.  my power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

My Thoughts
Have you ever noticed how we run to God when things are going bad... when we are weak... that is when we give God the power over our lives... then when things are going so wonderful we often forget to even acknowledge God... how can God be strong in our lives when we think "Look what I have done!".... look at how much God does for us when we do go to him ... when we are at the hospital and pray for great things to happen and they do!... when we need a job and we pray and God provides one... when a relationship in our lives needs to be strengthened and we turn to God and he helps.... it is amazing.... just think how much more we can accomplish if we acknowledge God always in the good times...if we stop and say "Be with me God as I lean this new thing." and the we say "Thank you God teaching me how to do this... "God help me with this deal I need to make for work... be with me in all that I say and do... give me the right words."  then we say " Thank you God for being with me during this deal for work.".... imagine how much our lives would change if we give God control all the time... if we always acknowledge that we can't do anything without him... Let's give our good days over to God and say to him "This day is good God... but I know compared to your great power what I can do is so very tiny... I give this day to you to be my strength, I depend on your knowledge and power... I know that with you that I can accomplish infinitely more than I might think to imagine (Ephesians 3:20)... God does so much with our bad times... just think what God can do with our good times!!

No comments: