I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, September 17, 2010

9.17.10

Proverbs 23:17-18 Don't envy sinners, but always continue to fear the Lord. You will be rewarded for this; your hope will not be disappointed.

My Thoughts
It can be easy to envy what others have even when we know they obtained it by doing the wrong things to get it... it is easy to think... why should I do what is right and have less ... and watch them do what is wrong and have more.... so often we see the material possessions of someone else and envy them without knowing the spiritual demons they are facing each and every moment of their lives... We don't know that they toss and turn instead of sleeping... we don't know that they worry all the time... that they are always watching over their shoulder... they are always wondering when somebody is going to figure them out and come and take it all away... we don't know because they don't tell us... they lie to us in the same way they are dishonest in obtaining what they have... so on the outside every thing looks all rosy and wonderful... When we have less but it has all be obtained through living like God would have us live... even though others don't see it... we have more because we have peace of mind... peace of mind is priceless... being able to sleep peacefully is priceless.... walking down the street without worrying about somebody we have wronged walking up to us is priceless.... never looking over our shoulder out of fear is priceless.... knowing God is going to take care of our every need is priceless... we should never dishonor God by envying what a dishonest person has.... if we have that moment... if the devil whispers that lie in our head that they are better off than us... we should stop right there in our thinking track and say... God I am so blessed... you have given me all that I need... so much of what I want... but most importantly you love me and I have peace of mind ... and God I give you all the honor and glory for that... I thank you God from the bottom of my heart .... and mean every word... and when God sees that we are thankful for what he has given us... and sees that he can trust us with more... you will be surprised at what is around the corner.... and it will be something to look foward to not something to fear!!

No comments: