I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, September 29, 2010

9.29.10

Isaiah 58:6-7 “No, this is the kind of fasting I want: Free those who are wrongly imprisoned; lighten the burden of those who work for you. Let the oppressed go free, and remove the chains that bind people. Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help.

My Thoughts
God was telling his people here that going through the motions was not enough… that we need to be doing the real things… we need to stand up for peoples rights… lighten the burdens of the people around us… feed the hungry, shelter the homeless…. Make sure people are warm…and not to hide from the people that we know need something… we are to truly make an effort to do for others.. This can be hard… I know it can… we can think but I worked hard for that money and I deserve a toy!!… something nice… and we can know people that call on us to do for them didn’t work hard… but we must remember they are God’s people too… and if we show them true kindness and love… if we give up a toy so they can have a need… what we give them will be far more than a warm shirt… or a full tummy… what will be hope… when somebody gets hopeless even the simplest task can be so hard… when people become hopeless they feel worthless and can’t pick themselves up… so we need to give them hope in a shirt… or a bag of groceries… an odd job… hope can change the world… and we give hope one little deed at a time.. We give hope in a warm coat… in a bowl of soup…in a safe place to sleep…we give hope when we give love…. When we give love we give back to God what God has given us.

No comments: