I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, September 1, 2010

9.1.10

Job 42:8 (God said) So take seven bulls and seven rams and go to my servant Job and offer a burnt offering for yourselves.  My servant Job will pray for you, and I will accept his prayer on your behalf. I will not treat you as you deserve, for you have not spoken accurately about me, as my servant Job has."

My Thoughts
This is what I learned today... first let me tell you  part of what I do in the mornings... I read my daily Bible reading from my one year Bible and I read a section... usually they are a page ... from The Power of Praying Through the Bible.. by Stormie Omartian.... today she, Stormie explained about the verse she quoted that the Bible makes it "crystal clear that if we have any unforgiveness, bitterness, selfishness, pride, anger, irritation. or resentment in our hearts, our prayers will not be answered. Our hearts have to be right when we pray." ... then I had read this verse above in my daily Bible reading... I have been praying for God to teach me how to pray for others... and this was such a good example of how to pray for others... I have a person dear to my heart that has these sad thing in their heart... I know they often pray in desperation... so today I prayed for God to forgive them of their angry, bitterness, irritation and resentment... (after I ask for forgiveness for my self) so that God could hear their prayers today....and so that they could feel God's presence in their lives at least for a while... and that, that moment of feeling God's presents during their prayers today would help them grow a little closer to God, give them a bit more hope about life....I am hoping that praying on their behalf each day... as Job did for his friends will give the more moments each day... bigger, longer moments... moments that will free their spirits up to feel God's complete, perfect love... I think that I learned something huge today!!

No comments: