I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, September 18, 2010

9.18.10

Isiah 28:26 The farmer knows just what to do, for God has given him understanding.

My Thoughts
Oh this verse was just so so exciting to me!!!... It made my heart happy.... We have all seen those people that could just do something...they just knew how from the beginning of when they tried... some people grow stuff (not me!!!)... some people can pick up a musical instrument and just know how to play it...and the more they seek to know they just understand what they learn.... some people can paint a painting... it is there in their head in vivid detail.... some people can cook with amazing insight to what this spice does and what that spice does... then there are the scientist... the mathematicians... some people can read with great understanding and speed once they got it, they got it!!... I can make a card... and it seems that I can knit with my Knifty Knitters.... and both of these things are just easy to me and I love doing them... this verse says to me that God gives us that knowledge of what comes easy to each of us... God gives us our gifts and our abilities...they are gifts to us from God... and we should use these gifts wisely!!!... and we should use these very gifts to give back to God ... 1 Peter 4:10 says "God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts.  Use them well to serve one another."... use them well to serve one another... if you have a gift think of how you can use it to bring joy to the people around you... we need to do as God ask us and use our gift to serve others.... and oh what joy God gives us back when we do just that!... When I make something and give it away...and it makes that person happy... I feel such wonderful joy!!... that joy is our gift back from God...that joy is priceless!

No comments: