I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, September 22, 2010

9.22.10

Psalms 66:18-19 If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.  But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer.

My Thoughts
Have you ever felt like God didn't hear your prayers...that you were praying to the wind, I have... sometimes we are praying to the wind... when we have unconfessed sin in our hearts and our lives it can be like praying to the wind... maybe you have confessed all of your sins and you still feel that way... all you have to do is say God what sin have I committed that is standing between us.... God please tell me what is is that I have done wrong so that I can come to you and you can listen to me... so that you can answer my prayers... God will let you know... it may be uncomfortable... but it is so worth it to be back in the presence of God's love!  God doesn't want us to repent of specific sins to shame us... He wants us to be aware of all of our sins so that we have the opportunity to do better... we can't do better if we don't know what we have done wrong... so if you feel that you prayers are blowing in the wind.. ask God today "God, what is it that I have done that is separating me from you?" ... then be still and listen.... when we do that we can confess our sins and have God back on our side... we can walk in God's protection... there is no safer place to be.

No comments: