I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, September 26, 2010

9.26.10

Isaiah 48:17-18 This is what the Lord says -- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is good for you and leads you along the paths you should follow. Oh, that you had listened to my commands! Then you would have had peace flowing like a gentle river and righteousness rolling over you like waves in the sea.


My Thoughts
God himself tells us right here the way to peace is listening to God’s commands … doing what he ask us to do…. Pleasing God instead of trying to please people. Have you ever know a one of those people that you can never please…. My husband puts it this way “If you gave her a million dollars she would complain because you put it in the wrong hand.” … well God is not like that… if you do what pleases God, he will be happy with you… God has the ability to give us peace like a gentle river and righteousness rolling over us like waves in the sea…. We need to wake up each morning and make a conscious effort to follow God’s path… to listen to God’s commands, to choose to please God. When we do this everything else will fall into place.

No comments: