I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, January 8, 2012

1.8.12

Matthew 7:3-5 “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.

My Thoughts
I have heard of this verse for a long as I can remember. I always understood it meant don't judge others for their sins when you are sinning yourself.  Now I better understand that if we ever get to the point where we don't have a speck in our eye, we will be to the point where we have enough love and compassion that we don't judge the person with the speck, we instead try to help them.  When we get that far we have the understanding that there is usually something that needs healing in a persons life that causes them to act the way they do.  Our part is to reach out and help. To heal the broken hearted... to share the love of Jesus.

I so try not to judge others.... I have always know that we could never really know why someone acted the way the act unless we had lived their lives... but so often I still find myself judging.... Verse 6 tells us not to waste what is holy on those who are unholy and not to throw our pearls to the pigs. They will be trampled on. This is where I get confused...when am I judging somebody and when am I making a sound judgment to step back and move on?  I never want to be judgmental...but I also don't want to be taken advantage of. Yet when I step back and try and figure out if I am being taken advantage of...due to examination of what I see I feel judgemental.  I would really love some input on this!








No comments: