I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, January 23, 2012

1.23.12

Psalms 191:8a The commandments of the Lord are right, bringing Joy to the heart.

My Thoughts
Joy is defined as a feeling of great pleasure and happiness.  People are always going about looking for happiness... buying stuff.... doing stuff... always searching. Yet most homes in America have at least one Bible... probably more.... and we have the Internet at our fingertips. Bibles of every edition can be found there. Yet we go about looking for happiness, when Joy can be found in God's word.

Now that I have learned that, the loss of Joy, for seemingly no reason, causes me to step back and ask myself where am I messing up? Where in my day have I not done what God would have wanted me to do. I also ask myself "Am I believing the lies the devil is telling me?" I take inventory and get my actions and my thoughts, my heart back on tract with God's word and then I feel that joy returning. I have my days...but the good think about where God has gotten me.... is when I go searching to feel happy, I now know where to search. That has made all the difference.




No comments: