I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, January 13, 2012

1.13.12

Psalms 11:2 The wicked are stinging their bows and fitting their arrows on the bowstrings. They shoot from the shadows and at those whose hearts are right.

My Thoughts
When I read this verse... my thought was immediate, "The devil is always preparing for battle, for attack on us. He is always waiting, we need to always be ready."  The devil IS constantly preparing and attacking. God's word tells us to meditate on His word day and night.... we are to hide God's word in our hearts so that we will not sin against God (Psalms 119). When we learn God word, when we make sure it is in our hearts so that we can call on it whenever we need it, when we stay in constant contact with God through prayer....we can win against the devil every time. The devil is always hiding, looking for, preparing for the moment we have a crack in our armor. The more time we spend in God's word...the more time we think on what we have learned, the more time we spend talking to God, the stronger out armor is. The less cracks we have for the devil to get through. The devil is in constant preparation...and the only way to beat him is to be in constant preparation ourselves...then when the attacks come we have God's word to call upon...we have the grace of God to make us strong... we are not separated from the protection of God...and we are use to listening to the Holy Spirit inside of us so we recognize His voice. We have God on our side...we just have to make sure that we have taken the time to get prepared for the battle... instead of being lost in the wilderness. God gives us the tools for victory... it is our job to put those tools to good use!

No comments: