I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, January 22, 2012

1.22.12

Psalms 18:37 I chased my enemies and caught them: I did not stop until they were conquered.

My Thoughts
I read this verse and immediately thought, "Our only true enemy is the devil, himself."  God's word will defeat the devil every time.  David was always ready for battle... he had his troops ready, but more importantly David was prepared for the enemy because he had God on his side.

We can always be prepared for the enemy just as David was. We can be ready to face anything by keeping God close to us. By learning God's word an using it as a sword to fight and win. By being aware, totally aware of the Holy Spirit inside of us directing us. By talking to God, by seeking God constantly in every decision we make.

David was always prepared, because David kept God's word in his heat...and David spent time with God... seeking after God in all that he did.

This verse says that David chased his enemies... David made the first steps... we can chase the devil instead of being chased by the devil..by being prepared always..by getting out ahead...by praying for each and every situation before it happens. David's power was God... we have that same power we just have to make the choice to have God on our side.

No comments: