I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, January 12, 2012

1.12.12

Proverbs 3:9-10 Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything  you produce. Then he will fill your barns with grain and your vats will overflow with good wine.
Romans 13:8a Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another.

My Thoughts
This year along with reading my One Year Bible through I am reading sections of The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word (Joyce Meyer) over my life, my family and the lives of my friends. There are some sections that I have marked that I am reading over my family weekly. I am loving this book!!  It divides scripture under sections.  Today I remembered a verse under the Prosperity, Finances and Giving section when I read this verse from Proverbs. Put together in my mind they got me thinking.

God's word tells us to honor God with our wealth, the best part of everything we produce.  We are told in Deuteronomy 26:2 to give the first part of what we harvest to God. Here in Romans we are told to owe nothing to anyone...except love.   When we get so lost in our wants, our desires of having we often put our selves in the position to not be able to give back to God the first part of what God has given to us. When we get ourselves so in debt, when we owe we become slaves to our debtors and often end up working so much that not only are we not able to give to God we are not around to give love to our families .. to love our friends... it is a vicious cycle! One that the devil loves to get us in.

God will give back to us more when we put Him first... if we want to make sure that we have what we need.. we must first give back to God his part of what He has given us.  When we choose not to do that we are choosing not to live under God's protection as far as our finances go!  You may feel like you don't have a choice...but at some point we all had the choice to put God at the top of our list above our bills.  One way to keep God at the top is to stay out of debt... to delay what we get by saving for it first.

The good thing is that if we have gotten ourselves in a place where we are totally unable to honor God with the first tenth of our income... God honors our efforts our earnest efforts... we can start out with what we can do...and work up to our tenth. With each bill we pay off we can add that to our giving to God... as we increase our giving...as we make the effort to get to our tenth... God will increase our provisions..in  Malachi 3:6-12 God talks about our tithes... and God even says that we can test Him and see if he protects our provisions when we give our tithes. God will take care of our money and what it will do for us... if we first acknowledge that our money comes straight from God.  When we give back to God the first part of what God has given to us.. that is us saying God I understand that all I have is from you! When God knows that we know that and we show that we know it by our actions... God will pour out his blessings on us so much that we won't have room to store it.. (Malachi 3:10).

We miss out on so much when we don't acknowledge God in all that we have... but on the other hand we are given so much when we stop and realize, and give God the credit for all he has given us. Our lives become more and more abundent when we understand that everything, every single thing we have is a gift straight from God. Our part is to show God that we we know, that we know, that we know, that what we have is all His... given as a gift to us!

No comments: