I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, January 10, 2012

1.10.12

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

My Thoughts
We are to trust in God with ALL our heart... that means that when we are frustrated, or upset or even angry at someone we can tell God about it. When we trust God with this part of us He will help us. God will show us what to do.

This is the one I have the hardest time with myself.. I go to God with so much now... with my joy, with my pain...with my fears.... with my worry... with my excitement.... but I still have a hard time going to God with my anger and frustration.  Not because God does not want to hear it, God will help me with it!  I think its is more because I have always been the people pleas-er, the peace maker, I have always kept my anger and upset inside me, hidden from the world. God does not act like the world... God cares about what my frustrations are... God wants to help me work through everything... God has an answer for everything and He will show me what to do. I just have to be brave enough to trust God with even my anger and frustration.  Logically I understand this... I read it in my Bible... I know it is true.  I just have to let go and trust God with even the part of me that I am not comfortable with.

I so needed this verse!  God knows what I need...he made me aware today of this very verse in all my verses God made sure I saw this one. 

If we want God to help us with everything... we have to learn to give everything to God.

No comments: