I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, January 6, 2012

1 Corinthians 2:9 That is what the Scriptures mean when they say,  “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.

My Thoughts 
 Most of us have always known that Jesus died for our sins... but the people that lived before Jesus died for our sins could not even imagine that kind of love. I think so often we have heard this without stopping to think, truly of Jesus dieing for us, each of us individually... actually dieing for the things that we have done wrong.

Then there are those things that God does for us daily, all the things we have, all the abilities we have, all the people that we have that love us...they are gifts straight from God.  They are there for us all the time yet we go through whole days, sometimes weeks... and sadly sometimes years without even giving notice that God provided all those things for us.

If we would stop and think about how much God does for us daily....then stop and think that God gave the ultimate gift, His Son, to die for our sins... just think of all there is out there that God has in store that  falls in-between what God gives us daily...and the great gift of His Son. There is so much that God has stored up for us... so much more than we can think of or imagine (Ephesians 3:20). God has blessing held in heaven that He can't wait to pour out on us. I believe that God waits for us to ask because God wants us to be aware of just how much He love us. If we just get it we often think it is by chance. We think it is because we did something wonderful. We think somebody else did something wonderful for us. We forget to notice that what we have been given is because God loves us so much. If God waits for us to ask...then He gives us something that we can't possibly get on our own...  we can have no doubt that our gift is straight from God...when that happens we have at least a moment of knowing, of being aware that "God loves me!" God wants us to be full of those moments... God wants us to feel wrapped in His love... God loves doing for us because He loves us so much. When we are aware of that we can open ourselves up for so many of God's blessings because it makes God happy to make us feel loved!

No comments: